We will consider the following types of manuscripts for publication:
- Articles: In-depth, scholarly examination of a legal issue. Generally 30–50 pages in length.
- Comments: Identification of a specific legal issue, or less in-depth analysis of a topic or case. Approximately 15–30 pages in length.
- Responses: Response to an article or comment previously published. Approximately 20 pages in length.
- Book Reviews: Scholarly review of a recently published book whose subject matter is related primarily to Alaska law. Limited to 5-10 pages in length.
- Practicums: Addresses a specific, practice-oriented problem; reviews recent legislation in a specific area; or clarifies a judicial rule or regulation. Approximately 5–15 pages in length.
If possible, the primary means of submission should be via e-mail attachment sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail should have a subject line that reads: “ALR Manuscript Submission, AUTHOR’S NAME, Topic of Manuscript.” If e-mail is not possible, then ALR welcomes submissions in hardcopy form via regular mail. However, if you are using mail, we request that you also include with the manuscript an electronic version of the document. This can be submitted on a jump drive, CD, or a standard floppy disk.
In addition, each author should provide biographical information indicating his or her present position, past affiliations or official positions relevant to the subject of the article, and all academic degrees and the institutions from which they were received.